SmartStop Asset Management, LLC, a diversified real estate investment company that operates over 130 real estate properties in the United States and Canada, has an opening for an Assistant Controller at our Ladera Ranch office. The individual in this position will report to the CFO.
This position will complete the monthly close process as well as assist with the financial statement consolidation, the internal control process, cash management, and internal/external reporting. The position requires strong communication skills and innovative thinking to communicate with and educate finance and non-finance personnel on financial policies, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Analyze budget and actual results to report variances
- Produce journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.
- Prepare monthly balance sheets and P&L
- Prepare supplemental financial schedules
- Compile a monthly reporting package
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly financial statement package for the Board and Senior Management
- Assist with treasury management and budget projections
- Review internal reports for variance analysis budget vs. actuals
- Assist with SEC filings as applicable
- Collaborate with various departments at the Company (i.e. Asset management, Acquisitions, Investor relations, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Real Estate experience, specifically with REITs
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or comparable work experience
- Experience preparing GAAP financial statements
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus
- Strong organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills
- Be detailed oriented while multi-tasking in a fast-paced company
- Possess creative thinking and ability to resolve issues
- Must be hands-on and work effectively in a demanding environment
- Be able to adapt quickly to change
- Commensurate with experience
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical plan
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- 401(K) with employer match
- Supplemental life insurance
- Long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time and personal days
How Do I Apply
- Download the application to your computer, print it out and complete the application
- Fax it to (949) 861-6364 or Email it to email@example.com.
SmartStop Asset Management, LLC
10 Terrace Rd.
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
T: (949) 429.6600
F: (949) 429.6606