In this position, located in our corporate office in Ladera Ranch, you will be responsible for managing business licenses and tax certificates across the portfolio, being proactive in renewals and actively collecting information needed to complete renewals timely. The position also assists in managing our credit card processing company and any irregularities in our high volume monthly transactions. This person will also assist significantly in the onboarding of newly acquired self storage facility and any new development. Vendor management of our office supplies, maintenance supply, sign supplier and uniform provider are also a key role involved in this position. Finally, this position assists the Operations Manager in supporting field level personal including District Managers and Regional Managers in operational activities including but not limited to credits, reversals, credential creations and refund activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigating and responding to all chargebacks received from credit card vendors. This includes entering data into the operating system, looking up all chargebacks and responding with formal reply with acceptance of claim or argument against the claim.
- All chargebacks will be logged into spreadsheet and maintained on a daily basis.
- All chargebacks must be followed up on, communicated with the field and then closed.
- Manage external vendor relations within Operations Department
- Identify and implement enhancements associated with vendor management.
- Analyze and validate data content for business licenses and assemble new content from various sources, including databases, files/spreadsheets, and websites.
- Manage all business licenses (local licenses and TRS licenses) to keep them current and implement and utilize a calendar system (via Outlook Reminder) to automatically notify 45 days prior to expiration of said licenses.
- Make recommendations for process improvements, increasing customer satisfaction and reducing overall costs.
- Manage third-party telephony and utility companies for our Stores, to assure billing is correct, capture all possible savings and that contract agreements are being followed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by your immediate Supervisor and/or Manager
- Collaborates: builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- An ability to be persistent in navigating through city bureaucracies and gate keepers to push through permitting
- Action-Oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Familiarity with telephone systems, internet connections and an understanding of billing
- Savvy or intermediate level of experience with Excel and One Note
- Decision Quality: Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Resourcefulness: Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Experience in vendor management, onboarding and contract management
- Competitive salary
- Performance based incentive plan
- Comprehensive medical plan
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- 401(K) with employer match
- Supplemental life insurance
- Long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time and personal days
SmartStop Asset Management, LLC
10 Terrace Rd.
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
T: (949) 429.6600
F: (949) 429.6606