SmartStop Asset Management (“SAM”) has an opening for a Senior Accountant at corporate headquarters in Ladera Ranch.
The Senior Accountant will report primarily to the SAM Controller and assist in performing the monthly financial statement consolidation, maintaining internal controls, and internal/external reporting. The position requires strong communication skills, innovative and critical thinking and the ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly financial statement consolidation and quarterly financial statement package for Senior Management
- Coordinate and review monthly reporting from third party property accountants
- Produce journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.
- Prepare supplemental financial schedules
- Prepare annual budgets
- Prepare analysis of budget to actual performance
- Assist in the preparation of internal reports for variance analysis
- Coordinate and assist with external financial statement audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or comparable work experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in finance Public Accounting and/or private company accounting experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills
- Project Management skills; must be able to drive a project forward
- Time management skills; ability to prioritize tasks and work quickly with Controller to resolve any issues
- Must be detailed oriented while multi-tasking at a fast-paced company
- Ability to utilize creative thinking to resolve issues
- Must be hands-on and work effectively in a demanding environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Experience with Great Plains and ERP systems preferred, but not required
- Ability to perform technical accounting research preferred, but not required
- Competitive salary
- Performance based incentive plan
- Comprehensive medical plan
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- 401(K) with employer match
- Supplemental life insurance
- Long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time and personal days
How Do I Apply
- Download the application to your computer, print it out and complete the application
- Fax it to (949) 861-6364 or Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SmartStop Asset Management, LLC
10 Terrace Rd.
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
T: (949) 429.6600
F: (949) 429.6606