Olympic Hopeful Shane Kline Wins UCI Elite Class 1 Omnium
LADERA RANCH, Calif. – (July 2, 2018) – SmartStop Asset Management, LLC (SmartStop) announced today that Shane Kline, an American cyclist and Olympic hopeful sponsored by SmartStop® Self Storage, won first place in his first-ever elite Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) Class 1 omnium competition on June 22 at Valley Preferred Cycling Center in Trexlertown, Pennsylvania.
With the win, Kline has gained Class 1 points and is one step closer to earning the opportunity to represent the United States at the World Cup competition. A total of 12 countries were represented at the UCI event.
“This was a challenging day for Shane, where due to potential rain, all four events of the race were completed in just five hours,” said H. Michael Schwartz,
Kline’s UCI elite Class 1 omnium follows his wins at the 50-mile Tour of Somerville on May 28, Daniel Harwi Memorial 31st Annual Lower Providence Spring Classic Criterium on April 22 in Lower Providence, Pa., and the USA CRITS Speed Week Commerce Pro Men race on April 25 in Athens, Georgia.
Kline is scheduled to compete in the following upcoming races:
- The 2018 World Series of Bicycling in Trexlertown, Pennsylvania, including the
- UCI Keirin Cup on June 29,
- UCI Madison Cup on June 30, and
- T-Town Showdown on July 20.
- The USA Cycling Masters Track National Championships in Trexlertown, Pennsylvania on July 13.
- The 30-mile Pottstown Bike Race in Pottstown, Pennsylvania on July 22.
- The 162-kilometer USA Cycling Elite Road Race National Championships in Hagerstown, Maryland on July 27.
- The 75-minute USA Cycling Elite Criterium National Championships in Hagerstown, Maryland on July 29.
About SmartStop® Self Storage
SmartStop® Self Storage is the brand under which SmartStop Asset Management, LLC operates its self storage facilities located in 17 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about SmartStop® Self Storage, visit www.smartstopselfstorage.com.
SmartStop Asset Management, LLC
10 Terrace Rd.
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
T: (949) 429.6600
F: (949) 429.6606